Centre for the Study of Italian Philology

The Centre for the Study of Italian Philology was founded in 1937 with a law to promote the study and critical edition of ancient works and Italian writers. During the chairmanship of Giacomo Devoto it was inserted into the 1969 Statute of the Accademia, later updated in 1987. In recent years the Centre has been under the direction of Domenico De Robertis and Rosanna Bettarini and at present, under the direction of Aldo Menichetti, it continues to follow its traditional activity of textual criticism, editing a series of texts as well as the specialist periodical "Studi di filologia italiana" (Studies in Italian Philology). 

    Notices by Crusca


    • The Piazza aims at the preservation and at carrying out activities for the promotion of multilingualism in the European Union; 2007-ongoing.

    • Digital integrated archive of didactic materials, iconographic and multimedia texts and documentation for the divulgation of  Italian linguistic and historical-cultural heritage, with special regard to the second and third generation Italians abroad; project FIRB; 2009-2013.

    • Creation of Il Vocabolario del fiorentino contemporaneo (Dictionary of Contemporary Florentine Language): project financed by Regione Toscana and Comune di Firenze (first three-year period) and by Federico del Vecchio Bank - Banca Etruria group (second three-year period); 1994-1996/2011-2013.

    See more